Monday, March 10, 2014

When Little Man Cries

Ever since Little Man became one of my charges when he was about a month old, I would sing to him when he cried, or I had a particular song stuck in my head. That's what my mom did for my sister and me, and music has always been a huge aspect of my life, so it just came naturally to me.

This is not to say that I didn't, or don't, sing to his siblings, but they're older and they better understand that I'm not that great of a singer. Little Man however, doesn't seem to mind if my voice is a little off key. In fact, he seems to really like it when I sing. It usually takes about ten seconds of me singing for him to calm down.

Before I show you this video of Little Man's reaction to me singing, I'd like to explain why he's crying. I had just brought him down from his nap and sat down on the couch with him in my lap. For his siblings, this would not be something to cry about, but Little Man really likes me to stand when I hold him, and gets upset when I sit down. So I sing to him.

Please forgive both my singing voice and the weird choice of song; it was the only one I could think of at the time that I can sing from memory.




It's a weird song to sing to a child, but like I said, it was the only one I could remember verbatim. It was written by Stana Katic; you can watch her performing it much better than I can in this video.

What do you guys think? Did your parents sing to you? Do you sing to your kids? Tell me your stories and remedies in the comments.


-Lyndsey

No comments:

Post a Comment